Welcome to Code VBA - the Office programming power solution
Code VBA is an add-in for both professional software developers and MS Office users of Visual Basic for Applications. Using Code VBA you will write VBA code faster and spend less time looking for solutions on-line:
- Insert complete blocks of code declarations, program structures (If, Select, loops), procedure calls and variables using code builders.
- Find and insert VBA, Excel VBA and Access VBA code from the logically organized menu. Tooltips show what classes and procedures do and give direct access to the relevant documentation and tutorials on Office MSDN online.
- Extend the Code VBA library with your own code fragments.
- The Code Explorer lets you move to the relevant procedures easily and adds new features such as comment code and tidy the code indentation.
- The Class Builder and UserForm builder help you create custom classes and userforms custom dialogs with validation fast and easy.
- Works with MS Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, MS Project, SharePointDesigner, Visio and AutoCad.
Insert code from the menu. Tooltips show the code that will be inserted and info on what the procedure does and hyperlinks to a help page if available - F1.
The Code Explorer is a replacement of the Project Explorer which lets you navigate to procedures and adds many new features.
For user interaction many built-in and custom dialogs are made available with supporting code.
The Procedure Builder lets you specify the basic features of a new function or sub including comments block and error handling.
Use the Excel VBA add-on to insert code blocks concerning Excel classes and their documentation.
Use the MS Access VBA add-on to work with Access objects, SQL, recordsets and access their documentation.
Easy insertion of control statements: If .. Then .. Else, Select, While, For and GoTo. When hovering over Switch a tooltip appears showing the code that will be inserted and a description and link to documentaion for this statement.
To make your own dialogs in Excel or Word use the Userform Builder which also helps with validating the input.
You can make new code fragments available from the menu either by using the Fragment Editor ('New Fragment' on the menu), or by adding your own code modules in the appropriate subfolder under \My Documents\VBA Code\.
Code VBA works with Office 2000 - 2016, both 32 and 64 bit versions; Windows XP (SP3), VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.